Once an active arrest warrant is issued against a person in Clarion County, PA, it will stay in effect unless the individual in question turns himself in or is arrested by the police. A judicial decree that legalizes a suspect’s detention, all active arrest orders that cannot be served are held back in the system under the category of outstanding arrest warrants.
Clarion’s police will have information on all active arrest orders executed and outstanding warrants where the person has not yet been taken into custody, and all other arrest records. So, if you intend to conduct a background check or a warrant search on a new hire or just somebody you have struck up a friendship with, get in touch with the sheriff’s office.
It is located at 421 Main Street, Suite 11, Clarion, Pennsylvania 16214, and you can call on them to initiate warrant searches in person.
The county clerk’s office is another source of information on warrant records, along with the magistrate’s office. While the former is entrusted with maintaining and updating the court f\dockets, the sitting magistrate of the criminal court in the county is the authority that signs the warrant, putting it into effect. Both the offices can be visited by driving down to 421 Main St, Clarion, PA 16214.
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Clarion County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- Take your inquiries pertaining to inmate search and recent arrests to the Clarion County Jail- (814) 226-9615.
- Take your requests for police reports, such as arrest records and details pertaining to active warrants to relevant law enforcement agencies-Clarion Borough PD- (814) 226-9140, Knox Borough PD- (814) 797-1100, New Bethlehem PD- (814) 275-1180, Parker City PD- (724) 399-4388.
- Take your warrant search request to the Clarion County Magisterial Court- (814) 226-9355.
- Take your inquiries pertaining to judicial records to the Clerk of Court- (814) 226-1119.
- Take your questions about victim’s assistance to the Victim Advocate’s Office- (814) 226-7273 or the Clarion County Victim Services Program- (814) 226-4423.
Crime statistics of Clarion County
In 2018, the annual crime average of Clarion County was around 330 incidents. The reported offenses included more than 70 violent crimes and around 260 property crimes. Within these crime categories, the listed offenses included:
- 163 larceny thefts,
- 75 burglaries,
- 14 motor vehicle thefts
- 2 cases of arson
- 49 aggravated assaults,
- 17 rapes and
- 5 robberies.
Through the first eight years of the previous decade, the crime rates in Clarion County, PA, soared by an astounding 80% plus. This resulted in a whopping increase of almost 100% in the average of violent crime. From 2000 to 2008, nearly 1300 crime reports were filed in the area, which works out to almost 160 incidents per year.