You can walk into the sheriff’s department that oversees the law and order situation in Clearfield County, PA if you want to do a warrant search. However, it would certainly help to understand a few key facts before you start going through the detailed crime history information report that you will be offered.
Crime information is offered in two scenarios:
- Cases in which the accused has been arrested and tried
- Incidents where the police sought a warrant and were granted the arrest order but could not arrest the individual in question.
When conducting a background check for personal or professional reasons, you should look for both types of criminal history information reports.
In Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, an active arrest warrant is only issued by a criminal court after all facts about the occurrence have been carefully verified and analyzed by the sitting magistrate.
The purpose of this exercise, which begins with the submission of a formal complaint by the police departments, is to ensure that there is probable cause to pin the accusation on the individual in question.
All active directives for arrest that are not put into use are stored back in a nationwide crime data system as outstanding arrest warrants.
Anyone interested in conducting a warrant search should visit the Clearfield Sheriff’s Office, situated on 1 North Second Street, Clearfield, PA 16830. This is also the best option to file a request for arrest records.
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Clearfield County over the phone? (2021-data)
- Contact the Sheriff’s Police for information about incident and accidents and an arrest report-814-765-2641, ext. 5015 or your local law enforcement agency.
- Dial the phone number of the Clearfield County Jail for information on recent arrests and inmate arrest records-814-765-7891.
- Find out about the assistance available to crime victims, by contacting the Clearfield County Victim/Witness Office- 814-765-2641 ext. 2017
- Learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records by calling the Clerk of Court- 814-765-2641.
Crime Statistics for Clearfield County, Pennsylvania
In 2018, the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office received around 2450 criminal complaints, which was just a tad bit lower than the 2500 complaints handled by the local police in 2017. The cases handled included around 860 violent crimes and a few over 1600 property crimes.
From 1999, every year, nearly 650 crimes were reported in Clearfield, so till the year 2008, almost 6500 criminal reports were filed in the area. The county’s crime category graph depicts that theft and robbery occurred quite frequently, with nearly 5000 reported cases over the decade. On the other hand, rapes and murders came reasonably low at around 50 and 4 occurrences over the ten years.