If you’re interested in knowing whether any active arrest warrants exist against your name in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, you must follow a few simple procedures according to state regulations. Searching for these active warrants typically requires a trip to the local Sheriff’s office, where a police officer can perform a quick search through their official arrest records. This type of search requires a fee typically in exchange for the information. If you do happen to discover an active arrest warrant issued against you, you are likely to be detained on the spot.
If you are not willing to take that chance but would still like to search on your own, you can visit this link http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/367/Warrant-Division to see a list of the most wanted criminals in Lancaster County. You may also visit the online PA Unified Judicial System Web Portal, scroll to the “Public Web Docket Sheets” section, choose either “Magisterial District Courts” or “Criminal Courts of Common Pleas,” and select “Participant Name.” From there, enter the name of the person or persons you are searching on, as well as the name of the county, and complete your search.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Lancaster County? (2021- Update)
- Details on arrests can be obtained by calling the Lancaster County Jail at 717-299-7800, option #2.
- Information on Lancaster County outstanding warrants can be availed from the Sheriff’s Office by calling 717-299-8200.
- General information can be sought by calling the non-emergency dispatch phone number- 717- 664-1180.
- Details about initiating a case search can be obtained from the Office of the Clerk of Court- 717-299-8275.
- Information about help provided to victims and witnesses of crime can be obtained from Lancaster County Victim/Witness Services- 717-299-8048.
Crime Statistics for Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
As compared to the 2017 crime average of 14,400 cases, the Berks County Sheriff’s Office received around 13,200 criminal complaints in 2019. The figure included 7,350 criminal misdemeanors and around 5800 felonies.
During the 1999-2008 decade, over 90,000 crimes have been reported in Lancaster County, PA, out of which around 8 percent were considered violent. Every year, about 4,500 crimes occur less than a mile from the victims’ home, and a crime usually happens once every 60 minutes or less. More than 69,000 thefts have happened here, out of which around 8 percent are listed in the auto theft category. Almost 700 rapes have taken place in Lancaster County, according to official crime statistics.