An active arrest warrant is a legal term used for a judicial order issued by the criminal court in Lawrence County, PA, or a similar federal branch of the judiciary. The court never issues such a directive for detention on its own. The process is always started by the sheriff’s department when they suspect a person’s involvement in a crime.
If clear evidence of collaboration emerges during the investigation, the law enforcement agency formally petitions the judiciary with an affidavit detailing the incident and the evidence. Also offered as part of the information are some details about the suspect that will aid in arrest like his/her name, age, race, sex, etc.
The data presented before the court has to show probable cause, which is the primary condition for the issue of a warrant. All active arrest warrants are written directives with the judiciary’s seal of approval on the document in the form of a presiding magistrate’s signature.
If for some reason, the person in whose name the warrant has been released cannot be arrested, the detention order gets saved to a central database and is then called an outstanding warrant.
There are two sources to consider if you are looking for arrest records in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. You can either approach the sheriff’s office or use the internet for your inquiry.
- The official channel: The sheriff’s department will have to be contacted in person at 430 Court St, New Castle, Pennsylvania 16101.
- The more straightforward approach: Fill the form on the website to use a third-party database that is as accurate as of the central repository for your warrant search.
Is it possible to get information on Lawrence County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To access information about warrants, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 724- 656-2190.
- To get information about recent arrests, call 724- 654-5384.
- To reach Victim/Witness Services, please contact the Lawrence County Victim Services at 724-656-2139.
- To get a certified statement of a criminal court records, contact the Court Clerk’s Office at 724-656-2143.
Crime Statistics for Lawrence County, Pennsylvania
From 2017 and 2018, the crime rate of Lawrence County remained almost steady at 2200. Of this annual crime total, the maximum number of complaints, at 1,700 were filed against property crimes. Violent crimes led to the filing of nearly 540 complaints in 2018.
Over the ten years starting in 1999 and ending in 2008, almost 10,000 crimes occurred in Lawrence, which puts the annual crime rate at 900 plus incidents. Of these only, about 1 was a case of homicide, and 8 to 9 were instances of sexual assault. Thefts and robberies contributed majorly to this number, with almost 600 annual incidents.
In the period mentioned above, the crime rate increased by an estimated 40% in the area, which has given experts reason to believe that very soon, crime numbers for Lawrence may touch 800.