Although several government agencies maintain an online presence, few of these websites offer an online warrant search in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania. This, of course, means that if you need to know about outstanding warrants issued against somebody, you will have to take a trip down to the office of a government agency.
Before you start scouting for state departments that keep details on arrest records from Wyoming County, Pennsylvania, along with all active warrant issues, it would undoubtedly help understand how these detention orders move through the state’s justice system.
To begin with, the police file a complaint with the local criminal tribunal after completing their investigation. In this affidavit, the accused is named, and an explanation is offered on why the incident is deemed illegal and the offender’s involvement in it.
The affidavit also has details on the victim of the crime and witnesses to the act; these people may be called in for a sworn testimony if the information offered in the writ is found to be inadequate for establishing probable cause.
Because a formal warrant hearing occurs before such an arrest order is granted, not only the sheriff’s office and the magistrate’s court but also the county clerk’s department maintains records about all active warrant issues. These can be found in the court dockets held for criminal cases. So, for records of Wyoming County arrest warrants, you can head to:
- The office of the sheriff: 1 Courthouse Sq, Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania 18657
- The court of the magistrate: 100 Warren St, Tunkhannock, PA 18657
- The department of the clerk of court: Same as above
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Wyoming over the phone? (2021-data)
- Call Wyoming County Jail Bookings at 570-996-2265 for information on recent arrests.
- Call the local law enforcement agency for details of arrests and warrants handled by them:
- PA State Police: 570-836-2141
- Meshoppen PD: 570-833-4136
- Tunkhannock Borough PD: 570-836-3369
- Tunkhannock Township PD: 570-836-5255
- Dalton Borough PD: 570-563-2330
- Call the Sheriff’s Department at 570-996-2265 for information about arrest warrants
- Call the Wyoming Victim’s Resource Center at 570-836-5544 for victim’s assistance
- Call the Clerk of Court at 570-996-2232 for judicial records
Crime statistics of Wyoming County
In 2018, the Wyoming Sheriff’s Department dealt with 326 criminal complaints, as opposed to the 363 cases registered in 2018. These included 298 non-violent crimes and 28 violent crimes.
The non-violent crimes category included 196 larceny thefts, 73 burglaries, and 23 motor vehicle thefts. Of the violent offenses reported, 17 were aggravated assaults, and 11 were rapes.
There has been a marked reduction in violent crime rates in Wyoming County, PA; a steady downward trend can be seen from 2004 onwards. Overall there has been a decrease of nearly 600% in the average of reported crime and a reduction of over 300% in the violent crime rate. Despite t5his, over 450 criminal complaints are filed in the area every year.